“Police Scotland continues to work alongside our communities and relevant partners to tackle housebreaking and protect people’s homes and belongings from acquisitive criminals. read more
SMARTWATER TRAINING SERVICES
Helping you maximise opportunities for deterrence and detection.
In order to support your work and ensure that you use SmartWater® to maximise every opportunity to both detect offences and to deter offenders, SmartWater provide a range of professional services which are free of charge to the police.
These services include different training sessions, at all levels (available only to UK police and law enforcement) which can be delivered to Community Teams, Response Officers, Crime Reduction Officers, Proactive Teams, Intelligence Officers, Custody Staff, CSI’s and more.
Depending on the type of session required, this will include:
- General awareness of SmartWater, forensic marking and traceable liquids so that you know how to apply it (for example, during burglary reduction campaigns – proven to reduce burglary by up to 85%*)
- What to look for when executing searches and how to recognise the unique SmartWater markings on property and on suspects
- How to take samples and submit items for analysis
- Learn about our work with the Home Office to support national standards so that you can be confident in the integrity of your evidence
- Provide details of our Special Support Team and show how it can help you
- Demonstrate tactics and options that you can successfully use in covert proactive operation
We regularly train officers and staff in force and at our dedicated training facilities (in London or Telford). Using our team of experts who each have extensive experience in policing, we also regularly provide specialist training through the College of Policing and through the Scottish Police College.
For more information relating to our full training package for UK Police please email email@example.com
- Superintendent Matt Richards, Police Scotland
“Theft of metal is a serious crime and has had a devastating effect on a large number of our customers since 2007. read moreDavid Bonehill, Claims and Risk Services Director, Ecclesiastical Insurance Group (EIG)
“SmartWater has been central to reducing burglary in the borough of Brent and for building more confidence within our communities. read moreChief Superintendent Matt Gardner, Borough Commander for Brent, Metropolitan Police Service
“The after-sale service that SmartWater continues to provide to Thames Water is truly outstanding. As a Security Specialist I have to react very quickly to changing situations and knowing that I can rely on the support. read moreJon Lorimer, Security Specialist, Thames Water
“Our collaboration with SmartWater has enabled us to identify cable theft risks and to respond quickly to emerging trends in order to implement proactive mitigation plans, particularly through tactical deployments… read moreLiam Sumpter, Area Director, Network Rail